Ready in 30 minutes * makes 4 servings
Non-stick cooking spray
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1- 1/2 tbsp white wheat flour
1/2 cup low-fat milk
6 tbsp honey, divided
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray the bottoms of 4 single-serve ramekins.
2. In a saucepan combine cocoa and flour. Add milk and 3 tbsp of honey and whisk until smooth.
3. Cook, stirring, over low-medium heat until thick, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a small mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining honey and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold 1/4 cup of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining whites. Divide mixture evenly into the prepared ramekins. Place on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until puffy and set. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 140, Total Fats: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 37mg, Total Carbohydrates: 33g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 28g, Protein: 4g, Iron: 1mg